Thursday, February 14, 2013

Week 4: Rehearsal Blogs

From Theodora Zucker (Bob's Mom):
The week leading up to opening night is best described as "a beautiful chaos."  Tech takes over our lives, as do lines, blocking, cues, etc.  We have no free time or homework time.  And yet, every night, we eagerly file into the theatre, get into costume, and take our places backstage.  The technicians sit down in their booth or climb up to their positions at the spotlights.  We walk onto the stage, and the show begins - night after night.  This might seem tiresome and repetitious, but we love every minute of it, for we have an indescribable, wonderful passion for theatre.


Every night, I am thoroughly amazed by my cast members' zeal, talent, and creativity.  I am so absolutely grateful to be a part of this cast and to have this opportunity to explore the meaning of theatre, art, and patriotism.



Though bobrauschenbergamerica seems, at first, like a random series of events, it becomes clear upon careful viewing that the production is actually quite logical.  This "hidden logic" has made me question theatre in many ways.  It has brought to my attention the randomness (and interconnectedness) of life and has helped me discover that glory of things I never knew to be glorious. 



I am utterly thankful to be a part of Hope's production of bobrauschenbergamerica.  I want everyone who possibly can to experience the magic of this exciting, crazy, lovely show.  I have fallen more in love with theatre every minute I have spent working on this production.  I cannot wait to share it with you.  

- Theodora


From Cameron Pratt (Allen):

After many long hours of rehearsal, I think I have finally realized what this show is about. I think bobrauschenbergamerica is a show about trying to answer the difficult question about what it is to be an American. The show goes about answering this “impossible” question in a non-linear way and I think each individual audience member will take something different from it. This is because each audience member sees America just a little bit differently from the person sitting next to them.  Nonetheless, all people who come to see the show will see the same exuberant, unworldly, and tear-jerking scenes! The true beauty of this production is that it begs to be interpreted personally. It asks its audience to devote themselves fully and completely. It is a great show and I am proud to be a part of it! Now all we have to do is share it with an audience!
- Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment